This program is designed to help NHEC's income-qualified members manage their energy use with the goal of lowering their energy costs. Qualified members living in an apartment or house, either rented or owned, can receive up to $5,000 in services, including a free customized audit report which will help members better understand their home and the factors affecting their energy use. Based on the Home Energy Analysis, you will receive recommendations for improving energy efficiency in your home that may help reduce the heating portion of your electric bill. Measures identified in the audit are then installed by Community Action Agencies (CAA), contractors managed by NHEC.
Based on the Home Energy Analysis, we will make recommendations for improving energy efficiency in your home that may help reduce the heating portion of your electric bill. Measures identified in the audit are then installed by Community Action Program (CAP) agencies, contractors managed by the Co-op or Co-op energy specialists. (CAP). Improvements may include:
- Sealing air leaks with caulking and installing weatherstripping.
- Upgrading insulation in attics, walls and basement ceilings.
- Improving windows with energy-saving storm windows.
- Installing thermal covers on windows, sliding glass doors and whole house fans.
- Replacing old thermostats on heating systems.
- Upgrades to ENERGY STAR® appliances.
- Upgrades to ENERGY STAR® lighting.
For more program information and how to apply, please contact your local Community Action Agency. Click here for list of Agencies.
PDF Downloads require Adobe Acrobat reader. If you do not have Acrobat, you may obtain it by clicking the icon below.
For other inquiries, please contact Co-op Member Solutions by Email, or call