NHEC is the largest member-owned electric cooperative in New England, providing electric utility service to consumers and businesses in 115 communities throughout New Hampshire. Serving our members is at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make, and our mission is to provide our members access to affordable, reliable electric service options that support and simplify their lives. The electric utility industry is currently undergoing enormous change as consumers look for new ways to manage energy costs through renewable energy, distributed energy resources such as solar arrays and battery storage, energy efficiency, electric vehicles.
In June 2017, we completed a five-year strategic plan, identifying four areas of strategic focus with actionable goals within those areas completed by the end of 2022.
- Business Model. NHEC provides superior service to its members, with systems that are sufficiently flexible to capitalize on ongoing changes in technology and programs that enable members to better manage their energy usage and costs and take advantage of other opportunities as they become available in the marketplace.
- Voice of the Member. NHEC is a member-driven organization where every employee consistently strives to better understand and meet our members’ expectations and has access to the information necessary to do so. We are committed to an ongoing dialogue with our members, and we focus intently on making it easy and convenient for our members to interact with us. As a result, every interaction with NHEC is a delight
- Organizational Effectiveness. NHEC is described by its employees and members as nimble, collaborative, responsive to changes in the industry, constantly learning and having employees who share the drive to achieve the organization’s vision.
- Financial Stability. NHEC remains financially strong and has the resources necessary to provide excellent service to our members as the energy industry and related services are transformed.
Headquartered in Plymouth, New Hampshire, NHEC currently has 200+ employees. There is much to be proud of in our existing organization, and a genuine enthusiasm for what the future holds. It is an environment in which individual leadership and initiative are highly valued and encouraged, and success is viewed as a shared accomplishment to be celebrated by all. Ensuring our members have the energy they need, the information they want, and a partner they can trust is what makes us different.
Reporting directly to the IT Supervisor and matrix to the Operations and Engineering department, the IT Engineering Support Technician will manage and monitor specialized engineering information technology systems, applications and infrastructure. This includes installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, utility and infrastructure software along with systems management tools. This position proactively ensures the highest level of infrastructure/systems performance, resiliency, and availability; monitors and tests system performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with the engineering department staff to implement solutions. Assists IT system engineering and other IT/Engineer support staff to maintain security, backup/restore/recover, and technology recovery plans and operations. Liaise with vendors and other IT department staff for collaborative initiatives and problem identification/resolution.
Specific responsibilities and job knowledge will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of server resource; routine administration, preventative maintenance, monitoring and decision making during critical failures, deployments and projects
- Collaborate with IT communications, network and support staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for new systems and upgrades.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Participate in development of annual work plan, operating and capital budgets relating to Engineering applications, servers, workstations, storage, and backup infrastructures.
- Keeps systems operational by configuring, monitoring, administrating, and controlling security of system-connected devices.
- Writes and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge with a minimum of four years hands on experience managing a Microsoft Server environment required.
- Previous experience with SCADA and load management/AMI systems highly desired.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with external contractors, vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Improves corporate safety performance by maintaining a safe and clean working environment, participating in department safety meetings, adhering to Employee Safety Rules and Procedures, recognizing at risk behaviors and conditions and taking corrective actions or providing feedback.
- First and foremost, someone who will be energized and excited about NHEC’s mission and will thrive with the opportunity to enhance an already great organization.
- An inquisitive, open mind – someone who is interested in finding creative solutions and new ways to support the organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering Technology or Computer Science.
- Microsoft technical certifications desired.
- Five or more years’ experience in a related field required.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Active Directory.
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques and monitoring of systems infrastructure to resolve problems, analyze metrics and develop solutions is necessary.
- Basic knowledge of databases, WMI, SNMP, and infrastructure monitoring needed.
- Must have excellent computer skills, be organized, productive, and responsible. Must be able to communicate effectively with people by phone, in writing, or in person. Must be able to interface effectively with internal departments and outside services vendor.
- Must be physically able to lift, bend, and work on ladders to install network infrastructure equipment.
- Assistance with power restoration efforts is required of all employees. It may be required during regularbusiness hours that employees will be assigned functions to support power restoration and for some employees that may be different from their normal duties. In addition, such assistance may require working nights, weekends and holidays which may involve considerable extra hours.
NHEC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled