Recycle your refrigerator
Do you have an older refrigerator that you would like to dispose?
NHEC Members can take advantage of its refrigerator recycling program and receive $30 for doing the right thing.
Appliances manufactured before 1990 can use three to four times more electricity than newer models so getting rid of these old, energy hogs is a smart choice. Recycling old appliances saves energy, helps curtail growing peak load demand, and prevents the release of greenhouse gases. With this program your old appliance will be disposed of properly, with over 90% of the unit being recycled by ARCA Recycling.
What do you get?
- Free haul-away
- Savings of up to $150 per year in energy costs by not running the extra appliance
- $30 incentive check from NHEC.
- Must be a residential member of NHEC
- Appliance must be picked up at the service address on your billing account number, and you must provide your electric utility account number at the time of scheduling.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition/cooling at the time of pick-up, 10-30 cubic feet in size, and owned by the utility customer.
- Limit of 2 units per year per residential account
- Crews will need clear access to the appliance for safe removal, and the unit must be empty and defrosted at the time of pick-up.
- This program is a limited time offer, while funding is available.
- To schedule a free pickup, please have your NHEC account number ready and call the recycling contractor, ARCA, at 1-877-889-4763 or CLICK HERE to place your order online