Residential Energy Efficiency Loans
The Home Performance Loan program allows members to finance all or a portion of qualified energy efficiency measures through either a low interest or a no interest loan. After-rebate costs of measures that qualify for incentives through the Home Performance program and the Heat Pump program are eligible for financing.
On Bill Financing
NHEC members with excellent payment history can finance Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® project co-payment costs on the existing NHEC account.
- Billing will be in equal monthly payments on your electric bill
- On Bill Financing is interest free (0%)
- Terms up to 48 months are available, based on the amount of the loan
- Loan amounts up to $4,000 are available
- Minimum loan amount is $500
The balance of the loan becomes due if you move or close your NHEC account.
Third Party Financing
NHEC provides interest subsidies through participating banks and credit unions to allow members to finance Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® project co-payment or for the after rebate costs for the installation of qualified heat pumps.
- Loan approval is based solely on the lending institution’s criteria–apply at the lender of your choosing with a Loan Authorization Form from NHEC
- NHEC will buy down the Loan Interest Rate to 2% through one-time payment to the lender
- Loan amounts up to $15,000 are available
- Terms up to 84 months are available, based on the amount of the loan
- Minimum loan amount is $1,000
Before you apply for financing, you should already have a proposal for your Home Performance project or for a Heat Pump project. To apply for financing with either program, please fill out the application below. For more information about the Residential Energy Efficiency Load Program, please contact Phil LaMoreaux at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.536.8856