Financial Assistance

If you’re struggling to pay your electric bill, we want to help. We offer programs that may be of assistance. Additionally, we encourage you to contact your town hall or church to inquire about local assistance programs. You can also contact 211 New Hampshire, a statewide service that provides access to all the health and human services available to you. Dial 2-1-1 and be connected, at no charge, to a trained information and referral specialist who can provide you with the information you need to get help.

Payment Arrangements

At NHEC we understand that sometimes life happens. If you have fallen behind on your electric bill and would like to set up a payment arrangement, our Member Solutions Representatives are here to help! Representatives are standing by Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm to assist you in a payment plan to get you back on track! 

Call: (800)698-2007 option 5 


Statewide Electric Assistance Program (EAP)

NHEC works with the six Community Action Agencies (CAA’s) throughout the state to qualify and enroll eligible Co-op members in the New Hampshire Electric Assistance Program (EAP). If you are having difficulty paying your bill, call your local Community Action Agency (CAA) to set up an appointment to discuss your energy assistance options. 

Project Care 

Project Care is a tax-exempt charitable organization that assists NHEC members with their electric bills. 

ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for Project Care members must apply to other agencies prior to applying for Project Care. Member’s are eligible for a Project Care grant only one time within a twelve (12) month period. 

PURPOSE: Project Care grants are used to help stop a pending disconnection or to reestablish electric service terminated within the prior 30 day period at the same location where reconnection is requested.