After A Power Outage
Getting the Grid Back Up.
When the weather settles and the power is restored, it is important to keep safety top of mind. As a community we all must work together, whether that is checking in on a neighbor or reporting a downed line.
What to Do When the Power Comes Back On
Your power may be back on, but there could still be downed trees and lines in the area. Do not touch any electrical power lines, and keep your family and pets away from them.
Is My Food Safe?
- Throw away any food that has been exposed to temperatures higher than 40°F (4°C) for two hours or more (freezer and fridge).
- Check for unusual odor, color or texture.
- If the freezer food is colder than 40°F (4°C) and has ice crystals, you can refreeze it.
- If you are not sure food is cold enough, use a food thermometer.
- When in doubt, throw it out.