Start, Stop or Transfer Services
We Make Connecting and Disconnecting Easy.
Use the steps below to make changes to your service. As always, we are happy to help.
If you need to establish electric service, please contact Member Solutions 1-800-698-2007 from 8am to 5 pm M-F (excluding holidays) Most service can be established within 3 to 5 business days, excluding holidays.
In order to turn on electric service in your company name you will need to provide:
- Complete address at the service location
- Renting or purchasing
- EIN number and date of incorporation
- Papers of Incorporation or LLC paperwork that can be attached to the request (this can also be emailed to Solutions@nhec.com or faxed to Member Solutions at 603-536-8687.
- Name of authorized persons on the electric account
- Meter number or current NHEC account number at the service location
- Requested date to start service
- Company name (as listed on LLC or papers of incorporation)
- Authorized persons on the account
- Your present address
- Phone number
- Email address
Address for which service is requested
- Address, city, state, zip
- Meter number or NHEC account number
Will the Service and Mailing address be the same?
- Yes or no option
- Mailing address if option no is chosen
Are you currently a Member of NHEC?
- Yes or no option
- Current account number
There will be a service charge to reconnect or transfer the service into your name. If you are setting up a new account and power is not currently on, there is a reconnect fee. If power is already on and you are transferring the account into your name, a transfer fee will apply. (insert link to schedule of fees and charges) If the company has not had service with NHEC with a good credit history in the past, a deposit, irrevocable letter of credit or automatic payment will be required.
Member Solutions will contact you within 1 to 2 business days to confirm your request.
If you have a current account that you need to close, you can request a disconnection of service.
Here is what you will need to schedule disconnection:
- Account number and service address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number or driver’s license number (verified over the phone)
- Contact information for your landlord or seller/realtor if the property is being sold
- The date you would like your service disconnected
- Forwarding address and phone number
Things to note:
- Most services can be disconnected within 3 to 5 business days, excluding holidays.
- You can reach our call center at 1-800-698-2007 from 8am to 5pm M-F (excluding holidays).
- Be sure the property is winterized as NHEC is not responsible for any damage resulting from the power being disconnected per your request.
Call 1-800-698-2007 to schedule today.